[darcs-users] Wildcard/recurse directories bug in Windows version of 1.0.0

Ketil Malde ketil at ii.uib.no
Sat Nov 13 08:31:43 UTC 2004

Dustin Sallings <dustin at spy.net> writes:

> 	My guess is that this is due to the difference between
> 	wildcard handling between UNIX and Windows.  In UNIX,
> 	applications do not handle wildcards.

...more specifically, the shell (command line interpreter) first
expands ("globs") the patterns, and darcs thus only sees the list of
expanded .htm files in the current directory.  Since you didn't
specify any directories to recurse into, darcs doesn't.

Why don't you just add jpegs or whatever to the boring file, if you
don't want them version-controlled?

-kzm