[darcs-users] Re: Wildcard/recurse directories bug in Windows version of 1.0.0

Nils Decker gmame.news.nde at xoxy.net
Sat Nov 13 11:11:39 UTC 2004

Hello,

Rob & Toni Seiler <seiler at elr.com.au> wrote:
> I am new to Darcs with ver 1.0.0 on a Windows XP/Home system
>
> The following doesn't work as I expected - a bug?
> I have a deep tree structure which is a mirror of my web site - ie has
> lots of html files (called *.htm - not *.html) in most
> sub-directories.

> darcs add -r *.htm

i would not recomment adding all files in one patch. Darcs has
performance problems with huge patches.

It would be best to record a first patch with the basic directory
structure only. After that i would record patches with only a single
article/story/whatever per patch.

The problem with a huge super-record is, that all patches after that
will depend on this first patch. When you add the articles in different
patches, you can pull single articles into another repository without
pulling the whole site.
When your site contains subdirectories that are logically distinct,
consider creating a darcs repo for these subprojects.

Nils

--
Nils Decker <ndecker at gmx.de>