[darcs-users] Re: List commands

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Sun Nov 14 15:53:13 UTC 2004

On 2004-11-14, Florian Weimer <fw at deneb.enyo.de> wrote:
> I'd love to see various forms of listing commands for:
>
>   - tags

Agreed.

CVS seems to use the 'cvs log' for this, but darcs could do better.
CVS shows that it is  focused on files, by making it difficult
to see all the tags that apply to the repo (from what I could find).

darcs could have a command to list all the tags that apply to the whole
tree.

>   - files which are neither boring nor version controlled (although
>     "darcs whatsnew -s -l" comes quite close)

Files which are neither boring nor version controlled are all candidates
to be added, correct? Then this should work

darcs whatsnews -sl | grep ^a

>   - files that are version controlled (including those that are
>     scheduled to be added)

I agree this could be useful as well and seems missing or hard to find.
Arch has 'tla inventory' for this, I believe.

darcs could add this kind of listing to 'darcs dist --dry-run', but I'm
not sure that's an intuitive place look for it.

    Mark