[darcs-users] Re: docs for tag browsing

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Mon Nov 15 18:45:15 UTC 2004

On 2004-11-15, Samuel Tardieu <sam at rfc1149.net> wrote:

>Mark> I actually think this interface is OK
>
> It is not, as a commit message may contain the word "tagged". You
> could then search for the regular expression "^  tagged " but I think
> you may have this message on subsequent lines. Also, you can't see the
> date unless you use "grep -1".
>
> So for the moment, the best solution seems to be:
>
>     darcs changes | grep -1 "^  tagged "

I see.

Would it be better to have tags appear in the --summary output
then?:

 T my_tag_name

or even:

 T my_tag_name (Mon Nov 15 13:40:45 EST 2004)

Then you can:

 darcs changes -s | grep ^T

Or perhaps

 darcs changes --only-tags

With this UI, there will be no clashes with names, and
I assume the 'T' would be unmodified in translations.

    Mark

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   mark at summersault.com     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .