[darcs-users] new binaries please!

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Tue Nov 16 14:57:01 UTC 2004

I've recently needed to install darcs on a server.  The first server
was a FreeBSD box, but its unusual configuration and my inexperience
with FreeBSD made it impossible for the normal "FreeBSD port" to work.
I tried in vain to get a darcs binary for FreeBSD.  The next server was
a Debian box on which I do not have root.  It has gcc 2.95.4.  I
briefly considered installing the ghc6 deb in my own (non-root)
directory, but I saw that the ghc6 deb requires gcc 3.3.  Then I got
the statically-linked Linux binary from carpetcode.org.  It is darcs
v1.0.0rc3.  Well, that's the best I could do.  We're using darcs
1.0.0rc3 for now.  Gulp!

Regards,

Zooko