[darcs-users] Re: tips for switching an accidentally binary file back to source?

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Tue Nov 16 15:48:56 UTC 2004

On 2004-11-16, David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 05:58:32PM +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
>> We've got a source file managed by darcs that was accidently
>> recorded as binary, and has a little history with it already.
>>
>> What alternatives are there to adjust this?
>>
>> Is the simplest thing just to 'darcs remove' and
>> 'darcs add' the file again?
>
> All you have to do is convince darcs that it isn't binary, and everything
> should be fine.

And..errr..would I convince it by just an 'remove' and 'add' or ??
I don't /think/ it has any NULs in it, but something must been there to
trigger the binary recognition in the first place.

Some of our perl files have ^@^@ at the end of them...and it's a
mystery where those  came from. (I don't think it's from darcs).

    Mark