[darcs-users] compiling on windows

Peter Strand peter at zarquon.se
Tue Nov 16 20:17:44 UTC 2004

Daan Leijen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to share my experience of building darcs
> on windows. First, I followed the instructions from
> the darcs manual. However, there were still some
> adjustments necessary. I think that all of these
> should be handled by ./configure.
>
>  > autoconf
>  > ./configure --disable-mmap --target=mingw --prefix=/usr/local/darcs

You're running this under cygwin? I usually do a

CC="gcc -mno-cygwin" CPPFLAGS="-Ic:/mingw/include -Lc:/mingw/lib"
./configure ...

otherwise the configure script will pick up cygwin
headers&libraries (since it uses plain gcc by default).

We should perhaps detect this in the configure script, and add
-mno-cygwin if a mingw-ghc is detected.

Or, more correctly, use ghc as gcc in the configure script, since that
is how the c files are compiled anyway, but that didn't work last time I
tried, I guess it wants -optc or -optl in front of some of the flags
configure adds.

/Peter