[darcs-users] Re: compiling on windows

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Tue Nov 16 20:27:24 UTC 2004

On 2004-11-16, Peter Strand <peter at zarquon.se> wrote:
> You're running this under cygwin? I usually do a
>
> CC="gcc -mno-cygwin" CPPFLAGS="-Ic:/mingw/include -Lc:/mingw/lib"
> ./configure ...
>
> otherwise the configure script will pick up cygwin
> headers&libraries (since it uses plain gcc by default).
>

> We should perhaps detect this in the configure script, and add
> -mno-cygwin if a mingw-ghc is detected.

You could contribute a 'doc patch' to 'building_darcs.tex'
in the darcs distro to make this easier for future Cygwin users
to figure out.

    Mark

   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
   mark at summersault.com     Summersault, LLC
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .