[darcs-users] compiling on windows

Daan Leijen daan at cs.uu.nl
Tue Nov 16 22:22:10 UTC 2004

Will wrote:

> Are you using msys and mingw, or cygwin, to compile darcs?  The instructions
> should work as-is for the former.

I have both cygwin and mingw installed, but in such a way
that the gcc compiler is by default the mingw one. However,
this is probably the cause of my problems as I am not
running on a clean msys+mingw installation. It may be good
to document this.

> Are you perhaps using a cygwin libcurl?  The native mingw version does
> indeed include libwinmm in `curl-config --libs`.

You are probably right -- I guess it finds the libcurl config script
from cygwin instead of the mingw one.

> It sounds like configure is indeed finding libcurses, you could try
> configuring '--without-curses'.

Again, from cygwin :-(

Thanks for the help,
It seems I should remove cygwin and just go for a msys+mingw
installation...

-- Daan.