[darcs-users] Re: darcs bug #68

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Wed Nov 17 21:46:31 UTC 2004

On 2004-11-17, Gour <gour at mail.inet.hr> wrote:

>> The 'owner' of the bug will always receive e-mail about it. If 'Nobody'
>> is the owner, you may want to CC: the devel- list on the matter if you
>> deem it appropriate.
>
> And who is responsible for dispatching of the bugs' ownership, i.e. from
> nobody --> somebody?

It's generally self-service-- developers 'take' a bug that they want to
work on.

Although I believe the actual restrictions are looser than that: Any
developer can assign a bug to another, or even 'steal' a bug that
someone else owns.

As a volunteer effort, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to assign a
bug to someone if they don't want to work on it.

    Mark