[darcs-users] darcs push problem: cannot find file

rand at executableabstractions.com rand at executableabstractions.com
Thu Nov 18 03:08:14 UTC 2004

Hello,
I have just gotten started with darcs.

I have created a master repository in my local filesystem for a new
project using darcs init, then create a single file in it, which I
darcs record.

I then create a working dir and repository (darcs init), and do a darcs
pull to pull from the master.

In my working dir, I make a change to the single file, and darcs record
it. Fine.

Now I want to push it back to the master. When I try to darcs push back
to the master, I get this:

    C:\My Projects\aws2>darcs push ..\aws
    Pushing to ../aws...

    Sat Nov 13 23:01:34 Eastern Standard Time 2004
rand at executableabstractions.com
      * patch2
    Shall I push this patch? (1/1) [ynWvxqadjk?]

What file can it not find?

If I cd to the master repository, I seem to be able to pull from the
working repository fine.

    C:\My Projects\aws2>cd ..\aws

    C:\My Projects\AWS>darcs pull ..\aws2

    Sat Nov 13 23:01:34 Eastern Standard Time 2004
rand at executableabstractions.com
      * patch2
    Shall I pull this patch? (1/1) [ynWvxqadjk?]
    Finished pulling.
    awaitRequests: unexpected wait return code 4294967295

So what am I missing that pushing back to the master does not work?

Also, I pretty frequently am getting these awaitRequests messages...not
sure if I should be concerned or not. When the command indicates
success, even though this message comes up everything seems OK. I am on
a WinXP host.

Any help on the darcs push issue greatly appreciated.

Rand