[darcs-users] Re: darcs push problem (on Windows): cannot find file

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Thu Nov 18 16:02:39 UTC 2004

On 2004-11-18, Michael Milverton <camel77 at iprimus.com.au> wrote:
> --===============1631254006==
>
> --nextPart2726753.Bvk4EnWvWB
>
> On windows boxes, I also have this exact problem. Pushing fails, pulling=20
> works.

As a non-Haskell programmer, this is just a guess. Pull does not call
external programs. Push does. Perhaps it's not finding 'darcs' in the
path:

>From Push.lhs

apply_via_local repo bundle =
    execPipeIgnoreError "darcs" ["apply","--all","--repodir",repo] bundle

I don't see why this code couldn't be refactored to avoid making an external
call here, though. It seems like the the 'apply' function ought to callable
internally, which would also have some minor performance improvement, I
suspect.

    Mark