[darcs-users] Re: Some crazy idea

Andrew Pimlott andrew at pimlott.net
Thu Nov 18 22:38:47 UTC 2004

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 03:40:01PM +0000, Mark Stosberg wrote:
> patch <your_patch.file
> # resolve any issues
> # (and if there are issues to resolve by hand, that can't be avoided.
> darcs record
>
> If you have other changes you don't want to  be involved, there are
> already options to record/unrecord those, or revert/unrevert them.

I think the main value in this idea is that you can break up contiguous
changes into multiple hunks (though you could go even further, eg take
only some changes made to a line).  I admit I've never needed this, but
I can imagine wanting it in some situations.  I think the ability to
construct "designer" patches could lead the way to some pretty neat
utilities.

Andrew