[darcs-users] Darcs soon in Lunar Linux!

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Nov 19 07:27:34 UTC 2004

Hi David and all!

David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 03:19:01PM +0200, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> > Also... I have just added darcs support in Lunar's package system! This
> > means one can define Lunar modules that loads *directly* from a darcs
> > repository. Lunar had support for cvs and svn already, soon also for
> > darcs :).
>
> Cool! So then people can, for example easily install a "latest" darcs?

Exactly, I am testing it with a module called "darcs-darcs". :)

Lunar has a spool cache of already downloaded sources and for
CVS/Svn/darcs you can set a threshold in minutes - if the cached source
tarball is older than that, then it will get and create a new one using
darcs.

I use --partial currently, and frankly - we could also use wget here
instead since a darcs repo is a "normal" file tree. Not sure exactly
what benefits I get in this context for using a normal "darcs get" -
Lunar doesn't let the tree hang around (unless there are build
problems).

regards, Göran