[darcs-users] darcs push problem: cannot find file

Daan Leijen daan at cs.uu.nl
Fri Nov 19 11:19:54 UTC 2004

Will wrote:

> I can also duplicate this problem, when I attempt to push a patch that
> modifies an existing file I get:
>
>   darcs failed:  Error applying patch to recorded!
>
> Strangely this only seems to happen for hunk patches; adding,
> removing, and replacing work fine.  Even stranger, it works ok when
> darcs is run from msys's sh.exe, but not from cmd.exe.  The only
> difference I can see is whether the lines in the file end in "\n" or
> "\r\n".

Hi, I have the same problem on windows XP and I have rebuild darcs
with some trace statements to see where it goes wrong -- for now I can
say that it indeed fails on hunk replacements.

(line 499 in patch.lhs:
apply_to_slurpy (FP f (Hunk line old new)) s =
     slurp_modfile f (applyHunkLines line old new) s
)

Furthermore, the patch succeeds on many other files, but fails on
a particular one -- and indeed, it is the first one with "\r\n" line
endings.

I hope this report somewhat helps to fix this critical bug.
For me, this is a real showstopper -- I am unable to push my
repository anymore on the Morrow project ... and there is no
workaround :-(

-- Daan.