[darcs-users] Darcs soon in Lunar Linux!

Shae Matijs Erisson shae at ScannedInAvian.com
Fri Nov 19 16:39:03 UTC 2004

"Zooko O'Whielacronx" <zooko at zooko.com> writes:

> The thing I am interested in is getting to pick and choose from all patches
> published by the developers, rather than getting to choose from among a small
> number of releases made by the developers.

The Linux Quilt Distribution, build your own from the patches of others. :-)

> In this fantasy, if developers would identify each patch as to whether it is
> a "bugfix", a "securityfix" or a normal patch, then I could choose the
> feature set that I required, plus all applicable bugfixes and securityfixes.

This would save a lot of bandwidth, I agree.
Even more if you use IPv6 multicasting.

> Maybe the darcs mirror of the Linux kernel will evolve into something like
> that, but currently I'm waiting until the timestamp screwup is fixed before I
> build and run a kernel from that repo!

I'd like to be able to pull the love-sources.org patches this way too.
--
Shae Matijs Erisson - http://www.ScannedInAvian.com/ - Sockmonster once said:
You could switch out the unicycles for badgers, and the game would be the same.