[darcs-users] Re: tracking the future of darcs

Mark Stosberg mark at summersault.com
Fri Nov 19 17:10:13 UTC 2004

On 2004-11-19, Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
>> > Unless you really want to /work/ on the tickets, having an account won't
>> > help you much.
>
>> I beg to differ. It's good for the developers if they know *who*
>> submitted something, [...]

Right, and the system already supports this. When you e-mail into the
system, your e-mail address and name are included in the your message,
so that developers can see who sent the message and respond to them
directly.

The Web UI supports the same feature: You can set the 'requestor' field
to your e-mail address you can receive e-mail notifications about the
tickets.

As an additional features, All bugs from the same e-mail address can be
seen together.

Unfortunately, I don't get the sense that you tried any of these things.
(I'm a little frustrated because I feel like I'm answering the same
questions about the BTS over and over.)

What's in fact happening is that from RT's perspective it's
'auto-creating' an account for the e-mail address, which doesn't have a
password associated with it.

    Mark