[darcs-users] Colin Walters blogs on Arch changesets vs Darcs

Quag quaggy at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 05:03:17 UTC 2004

> Maybe you can just say that darcs.gnu.org has to be a big machine with
> 64GB of RAM or whatever, but that doesn't seem like a solution to me.

I think the key bit you are missing here was the darcs.gnu.org server
had to be "smart". I took that to mean that it was running a custom
application (not darcs) which actually did the transformation for you.

So far we have already seen one non-darcs based server application
that serves repositories that darcs can understand.

I see the important part of darcs as the repository format not the
darcs application.

Jonathan Wright.