[darcs-users] Colin Walters blogs on Arch changesets vs Darcs

Ketil Malde ketil at ii.uib.no
Sat Nov 20 09:11:30 UTC 2004

Andrew Pimlott <andrew at pimlott.net> writes:

> It admittedly goes somewhat against the grain of darcs.  Furthermore, it
> assumes the user has darcs installed (just as the quoted example assumes
> the user has tla installed), which raises the question of why he didn't
> use darcs to get the code in the first place.

If the person is making a change to the sources from the tarball,
instead of bothering to get the real darcs repo, wouldn't he just mail
the diffs to a maintainer?

Said maintainer would 'get' a new working dir from the tag (you always
tag releases, don't you?  Perhaps 'dist' should require the last patch
to be a tag?), apply the diffs with 'patch', record, and pull it
into whatever working tree he likes.

What am I missing?

-kzm