[darcs-users] Darcs soon in Lunar Linux!

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sat Nov 20 08:45:17 UTC 2004

Hi!

Kannan Goundan <cakoose at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Göran wrote:
> > I use --partial currently, and frankly - we could also use wget
> > here instead since a darcs repo is a "normal" file tree. Not sure
> > exactly what benefits I get in this context for using a normal
> > "darcs get" - Lunar doesn't let the tree hang around (unless there
> > are build problems).
>
> I think sticking with "darcs get" is a good idea.  A "wget"-based
> download wouldn't be atomic and could cause problems if the repo is
> being pushed to at the same time.
>
> - Kannan

Yeah, after some debugging and learning more how Lunar works I also
noted that Lunar will unpack the source archive from last time and try
to do a pull from that - so of course - it is better to be a proper
darcs repo, so we get the "incrementalness".  :)

Anyway, it works great and hopefully will be integrated soon.

regards, Göran