[darcs-users] pull performance issues with a lot of conflicts.

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sun Nov 21 11:53:20 UTC 2004

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 05:00:59PM +0100, Karel Gardas wrote:
> I'm replying with other status: darcs finally finished succesfully and it
> took:
>
> real    348m2.581s
> user    317m22.352s
> sys     0m38.891s
>
> as expected there are conflicts in configure file presented, concretely
> there are 451 conflicts there. My offer to provide both repositories for
> debugging this issue is still valid. Personally I would apreciate if
> someone with darcs source code/haskell knowledge look at this, since IMHO
> this is not that rare scenario.

Alas, this is a known issue, and is being worked on.  The workaround is to
avoid conflicts, which is a good idea anyways, particularly with darcs,
where conflicts will impair your flexibility in reordering patches.

Keeping generated files under version control is rarely, if ever, a good
idea, and with darcs it's even worse.
--
David Roundy
http://www.darcs.net