[darcs-users] Re: benefits of automatic patch attribution (was: Re: Colin Walters...)

Samuel Tardieu sam at rfc1149.net
Sun Nov 21 22:58:20 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Stosberg
>>>>> <mark at summersault.com> writes:

Mark> I think automatic patch attribution work is an important and
Mark> somewhat unique point that should be promoted more. This was one
Mark> of the positive first impressions I had about darcs. It's also
Mark> one of the parts of being distributed that I think darcs gets
Mark> right.

<aol>seconded</aol>

When PicForth (http://www.rfc1149.net/devel/picforth) was developed
using GNU Arch, I received no GNU Arch merge requests. Since I
switched its RCS to darcs a few days ago, I already received one patch
by a contributor who was not using darcs before.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam at rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam