[darcs-users] get does not set default repo.

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Mon Nov 22 11:38:19 UTC 2004

On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 08:56:54PM +0100, Karel Gardas wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, David Roundy wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 06:24:30PM +0100, Karel Gardas wrote:
> > > it seems that get is somewhat buggy and does not setup default parent
> > > repository in case it gets it from local filesystem:
> > >
> > > E.g.
> > >
> > > darcs get $HOME/repo1 r2
> > >
> > > or
> > >
> > > darcs get --set-default $HOME/repo1 r2
> > >
> > > does not set correct parent so later push/pull complains about not
> > > provided default repo.
> >
> > Is $HOME/repo1 a symlink by any chance?
>
> No, repo1 is not symlink, but yes, it is located in symlinked tree. E.g.
> concrete situation looks:

This is the problem.  Darcs tries to be smart about things, and if the path
it is provided isn't the "actual" path of the directory, it doesn't set the
defaultrepo.  I think this was a response to a bug where darcs was setting
the default repo to something like "./foo" when you ran

darcs get ./foo bar

which of course would be a bug.  But it's easy enought to just set the
defaultrepo to the actual directory, so I've now made that change.
http://www.darcs.net