[darcs-users] A proposal: patch incoherence

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Mon Nov 22 12:48:30 UTC 2004

On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 10:39:01PM -0500, Andrew Pimlott wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 07:54:15PM +0100, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> > David Roundy:
> > > The trick of adding an incoherent empty patch when refusing a patch
> > > doesn't strike me as a good idea.  The problem is that it keeps you
> > > from changing your mind later.
> >
> > Hmm... why can't you unpull the refusal later?  I think it's safe in
> > that case.
>
> As David implied, because the refusal is depended upon by a tag.  Which
> suggests a work-around: have tag ignore refusals.

Indeed that is the problem, if a tag includes the refusal, then you can't
unpull the refusal without also unpulling the tag.  The workaround of not
including refusals in tags is a bit hokey, and of course would only apply
to empty refusal patches, not to the amend-record variety which is a
full-fledged patch with an included refusal attribute.
--
David Roundy
http://www.darcs.net