[darcs-users] Re: from --partial to --complete?

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Wed Nov 24 11:36:49 UTC 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 11:23:26AM +0200, Jani Monoses wrote:
> lode leroy wrote:
> >is there a way to get earlier pacthes into a repository?
> >
> >I did "darcs get --partial http://www.abridgegame.org/repos/darcs"
> >
> >now I wish I did "darcs get http://www.abridgegame.org/repos/darcs"
> >instead... is there a way to do "upgrade" my repository?
>
> something I was wondering myself just when you sent this. But  from looking
> at the sources it seems that only darcs check uses the --complete flag, and
> that is the opposite of --partial from what I see.

Indeed, this is a feature that still needs implementing.  For now, one can
just run a separate get (without --partial) and then pull over any changes
one made in the first repository.

There is a question at to how to do this right.  It would potentially be
nice to make the --partial repository upgrade itself when you perform a
command that requires the older patches.  On the other hand, that could be
bad in that it could lead to unpredictable costs.  e.g. darcs changes foo
could require that you download the entire repository, which may not be
what you want.
http://www.darcs.net