[darcs-users] Re: from --partial to --complete?

Jani Monoses jani at iv.ro
Wed Nov 24 11:59:38 UTC 2004

> There is a question at to how to do this right.  It would potentially be
> nice to make the --partial repository upgrade itself when you perform a
> command that requires the older patches.  On the other hand, that could be
> bad in that it could lead to unpredictable costs.  e.g. darcs changes foo
> could require that you download the entire repository, which may not be
> what you want.

For me having something like darcs pull --complete would be enough :) The two situations I
found a need for it, was when I checked out a repo (one is darcs itself) over a slow
connection just to test it, and then kept pulling updates. Later being interested in the
sources not just in testing I thought it would be nice to be able to upgrade the same
repo. Again for fast connections this is not much of an issue.