[darcs-users] Re: execute permission for scripts

Karel Gardas kgardas at objectsecurity.com
Wed Nov 24 16:21:03 UTC 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 02:36:11PM +0000,
>  Mark Stosberg <mark at summersault.com> wrote
>  a message of 17 lines which said:
>
> > Sometime in the hopefully near future darcs will get 'pre' and
> > 'post' hooks for commands, and this solution can be at least
> > partially automated.
>
> Why not versioned properties like Subversion does?

Why not version permissions like Arch does?

chmod +x hello
tla make-log
tla commit

?

Probably nobody implemented it yet. :-)

Following darcs manual, it would be great to enhance patch set of
addtional `file permission' patch type, but it will probably require some
research on how to represent cross-platform permission changes in the best
way.

Cheers,
Karel
PS: don't get me wrong, I'm also hurt by darcs not preserving permission
changes on script in MICO demos/test suite, but it seems permission
restore script seems to be the way to go for the moment.
Karel Gardas                  kgardas at objectsecurity.com