[darcs-users] A proposal: patch incoherence

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Nov 24 18:45:31 UTC 2004

David Roundy:

> I think this is an issue [refusals] that is perhaps better dealt
> with via "ignore" prefs.

Yes, I remember.  We've discussed that before, that's something I
disagree with you about.

Something I like about darcs is that data is stored in patches, and
that the repository-level metadata is kept to a minimum.  This means
that keeping two repositories in sync is as simple as making sure that
they contain the same patches.  I think this is related to your
insistence that Darcs be kept deterministic, but I'm not sure.

Keeping refusals as repository metadata that cannot be pulled breaks
my way of using Darcs.  That doesn't mean it isn't a useful feature,
of course, but it's not what I am looking for.

                                        Juliusz