[darcs-users] Wishlist: execute permissions

Michael Conrad silverdirk at conserv.silverdirk.com
Thu Nov 25 09:56:25 UTC 2004

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 07:26:03AM +0100, Manfred Lotz wrote:
> After reading many of the suggestions made in this list I come to the
> conclusion that it is best to have an execute file analogous to boring
> which resides in _darcs/prefs. ...

As an alternative (since I can think of lots of  situations where the
exec bit is unrelated to the file name) check out my idea for file
metadata.  I posted it on the wishlist:
http://bugs.darcs.net//Ticket/Display.html?id=96

> This has to be done for get and pull. Did I miss any command where it
> should apply also?

Actually, you'd need to do this during 'apply', which will be run by
any push commands into this repo.  And, the push command will use 'darcs'
instead of the name of your script, so it mmight be advisable to name
your script 'darcs' and have it call 'darcs-bin', or something.

Things will become more pleasant once we get scripting hooks in place.

Also, we need to decide when and why the hooks should be called...

-Mike