[darcs-users] darcs-cvs-sync (where are you now...)

Lele Gaifax lele at nautilus.homeip.net
Thu Nov 25 09:15:55 UTC 2004

    Mark> If you are wondering-- I'm not volunteering to start working
    Mark> on this right now! I like the idea and thought it would
    Mark> useful to sketch out.  Someone else is welcome to take the
    Mark> idea and run with it until I get around to it (if I do. :)
    >>  This is basically what my tailor[1] script should already be
    >> able to do, minus bugs[2] :-)
    >>
    >> ciao, lele.
    >>
    >> [1] http://nautilus.homeip.net/~lele/projects/cvsync

    Isaac> This web page seems to have been down for a few days just
    Isaac> at the moment when I want to look into it!

I'm really sorry, but my router decided to cross his arms as soon as I
boarded my plane for vacation :-)

    Isaac> Does anyone have mirrors?

I will try to establish a secondary source to prevent this hassle.

    Isaac> Is there a relationship between this tool and cvs2darcs
    Isaac> (someone has asked me to package cvs2darcs for Debian).

There is no relation between them, except the fact that both tools are
able to trasmigrate a CVS repos into a darcs one. tailor.py goes even
further being able to do the same slurping a SVN source, going the
other way, and going on from where it left last time extracting more
recent upstream changesets.

    Isaac> Does this do two-way sync between darcs and cvs?

It should by intention, minus bugs :)

bye, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax	| Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas	| comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.