[darcs-users] Re: execute permission for scripts

Norbert Nemec Norbert.Nemec.list at gmx.de
Fri Nov 26 08:14:08 UTC 2004

One nice and simple way that has proven rather useful for me is the one-liner

 chmod a+x `egrep -r -l '^\#!' .`

placed somewhere in a script. For me it works better than setting the
execution flags by hand, since - without the "#!/bin/sominterpreter" line in
the beginning - unix cannot execute a script anyway, and binary executables
should not really be placed inside a darcs repository anyway.