[darcs-users] Bug: More line-ending misery

Jamie Webb j at jmawebb.cjb.net
Fri Nov 26 13:32:54 UTC 2004

I've just had a conflict in a DOS-format file, on my Linux system, and
Darcs has inserted Unix line-endings for the conflict markers,
creating a mixed-format file. This is potentially quite bad because
some (broken, IMHO, but nevertheless popular) editors get a little
confused by these files and do things like converting the line-endings
thoughout the file. That in turn causes Darcs to do its famous
spinning-forever trick when the result is pushed.

Obviously this problem could be hacked around, but it seems to me to
be a good argument in favour of full line-ending conversion.

-- Jamie Webb