[darcs-users] Colin Walters blogs on Arch changesets vs Darcs

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Fri Nov 26 14:12:01 UTC 2004

On 2004, Nov 25, at 23:31, Andrew Pimlott wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 09:40:27AM -0400, Zooko O'Whielacronx wrote:
>> By the way, when I
>> reverted the change, it got into a state that looks wrong to me --
>> both
>> patches are present, and there are no merge conflicts or unrecorded
>> changes, but the file doesn't exist.  Bug?
>
> Think symmetry.
>
> The repo has to be in some state after the conflict, and what other
> state makes sense?

I think the current working version must always be equal to the
combination of all patches, followed by any unrecorded changes.

Therefore, if there is a patch that adds a file "worm", and the file
"worm" is not present in the current working version, then there must
exist an unrecorded change removing the file.

What am I missing?

--Z