[darcs-users] Re: darcs

Will will at glozer.net
Fri Nov 26 23:49:47 UTC 2004

David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 08:43:02AM -0800, Fuming Wang wrote:
>> I am testing your darcs program. Good stuff!  However, I encountered this
>> little problem.  When i was merging (darcs apply) changes, it works great
>> when there is no conflicts, however, once there is conflicts (I asked
>> program to mark-conflict), my source file would be inserted with a lot of
>> ^M symbols.  I am running the daily built version on windows.
>>
>> Is this a known problem or was I doing soming wrong.
>
> I'm not sure... I'm not entirely clear as to what the status of bugs on
> windows is.  I'm forwarding this to the darcs-users list, so hopefully a
> windows user (or developer) can answer your question.
>
> It doesn't sound familiar to me, but I'm not quite clear what you did, and
> it may just be a different way of triggering a known bug.

This may be the same thing Jamie Webb mentioned with darcs' conflict
markers having '\n' line endings while the rest of the file had
'\r\n'.  Perhaps the editor detects unix line endings because of the
'\n' lines and then displaying the '\r's as ^M.

I've sent in a patch that will add a '\r' to the conflict markers when
the file's lines end with '\r'.

Regards,
Will