[darcs-users] Q: Selective push/pull

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Sat Nov 27 01:32:14 UTC 2004

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 10:14:31AM +0200, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> It seems to me that it would be nice if I could select patches based on
> what files/directories they touch. Can this feature be added? Or can I
> already do this somehow?

I don't think it's possible yet.  There is the --matches option
for pull that possibly could be extended with a path match,
for example "darcs pull --all --matches='not path _hb/'", that
would only select patches with(out) a path containing _hb/.
I have not looked at the code, but the current matches all
are for patch "headers" (name, date, hash).  A path match
would require looking at all the primitive patches of the
named patches.

The name match can be used like above for now, but than you
have to remember to give all no-pull patches some sort of
tag in the name, like "blah blah blah /HB/".