[darcs-users] unapplicable patch

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Nov 27 16:10:19 UTC 2004

On Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 04:51:10PM +0100, Daan Leijen wrote:
> David Roundy wrote:
> >If it's a publically available repository, you could pust a URL here
> >(perhaps of a tarball of the repo, since get'll fail), and we could see
> >about fixing it.  It should be reasonably straightforward, although I'm not
> >sure what editor I'd use to look at the \r\n's in the file.
>
> If you imply that I can just fix it by replacing the "\r\n" lines
> in the patch by "\n", than I can probably do it myself. Can I just
> edit the patches themselves? (after gunzip)

This may be the case, but I'm not sure.  It depends where the problem
is... if there's trouble in your patch names, this could be trickier.

You can edit the patches after unzip (in a copy repository, of course), and
you don't need to re-gzip them, as long as you leave their names with the
.gz extension.  optimize --uncompress will do the ungzipping for you
handily.
--
David Roundy
http://www.darcs.net