[darcs-users] readline.h no such file or directory

Dominic Steinitz dominic.steinitz at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Nov 27 17:48:38 UTC 2004

On Saturday 27 Nov 2004 4:16 pm, Anders Höckersten wrote:
> Dominic Steinitz wrote:
> >I tried installing darcs but failed with the following.
> >
> >Can you cc me in on any responses as I am not subscribed to the list.
> >
> >Thanks, Dominic.
> >
> >[dom at tility darcs-1.0.0]$ make
> >Rebuild dependencies ...
> >ghc  -cpp  -package unix -package parsec -O -funbox-strict-fields  -Wall
> >-Werror -package util -I. -DHAVE_CURSES -c Workaround.hs
> >In file included from /home/dom/tmp/ghc4872.hc:7:
> >/usr/lib/ghc-6.2.1/include/HsReadline.h:5:31: readline/readline.h: No such
> >file or directory
> >/usr/lib/ghc-6.2.1/include/HsReadline.h:6:30: readline/history.h: No such
> > file or directory
> >make: *** [Workaround.o] Error 1
> >[dom at tility darcs-1.0.0]$
>
> That's a problem with your GHC installation I believe. Specifically, GHC
> needs readline, but cannot find its include files. Do you have readline
> properly installed? How did you install GHC?
>
> Anders
Anders,

I don't seem to have readline.h or history.h in that directory. I installed
from ghc-6.2.1-1.i386.rpm off the Haskell website. Shouldn't configure have
complained? Do I need the Haskell sources to use darcs? I didn't see that on
the darcs site.

I've managed to get the sources I need without darcs but I thought I'd better

Dominic.