[darcs-users] Re: Re: Endless loop when pushing

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Nov 30 10:57:11 UTC 2004

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 11:31:46AM +0100,
 Karel Gardas <kgardas at objectsecurity.com> wrote
 a message of 37 lines which said:

> > while darcs on the "server" runs madly.
>
> Do you mean that your darcs server side consumes a lot of CPU for long
> time?

Yes, see my previous messages.

top currently shows:

21082 bortzmey  20  19  362m 340m 1992 R 96.0 67.6  17:43.94 darcs

> Question: is your local repository up-to-date?

I push a completely new directory so it should not create any
conflict.

> i.e. if you push something which will result in a lot of conflicts
> than you can expect darcs running for _hours_.

Without any progress bar or ETA? That's very annoying.