[darcs-users] Re: fixing conflicts in darcs

Erik Bågfors zindar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 12:31:41 UTC 2004

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:39:24 +0100 (CET), Karel Gardas
<kgardas at objectsecurity.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Erik Bågfors wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 07:36:21 +0100, Christoph Wegscheider
> > <wegi at despammed.com> wrote:

> Why would you prefer to do so? I always wonder since this is a part of
> project history and I usually wouldn't like to change project history even
> we are talking about conflicts patches here. In fact, taught by Arch, I
> consider `unrecord' a bad practice, especially when you always have a
> possibility to correct source tree by next patch(es)... (I consider it bad
> practise, since then you have to be very carefull for not `unrecord' patch
> in your public repository)

Simply because I'd like to be able to pull just that patch to another
working repository and not get many conflicts.

I'm not 100% sure this is the way to do it but it just seems wrong
"checking in" versions that are conflicting, even if there is another
version later that fixes the conflict.  Maybe it's just my because of
the way I've used cvs in the past.

I find moving from cvs this kind of thing is very unclear.  The manual
doesn't say anything on how to solve conflicts exept howto use kdiff3,
opendiff and xxdiff.  Which is great btw.

But, still, why can't I unpull? everytime I do that I get
darcs failed:  Couldn't commute patch past pending.

Regards,
Erik