[darcs-users] darcs 1.0.0rc3

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sun Oct 3 11:55:51 UTC 2004

I've just released darcs version 1.0.0rc3.

Alas, this time there are some real bugs fixed.  In particular, there was a
bug in the commutation of file renames and file adds that in theory could
lead to repository corruption, if you managed to reorder the rename and the
add, and then do a merge.  A few minor non-repository-endangering bugs were
also fixed.  Quite a bit of documentation was updated, thanks to several
contributors.  Support in the interactive patch selection process for they
'a' key which selects all remaining patches was added.

Hopefully soon I'll be comfortable calling this darcs 1.0.0, but this was a
somewhat discouraging round, since quite a few bugs showed up.  On the
other hand, most were old bugs, not recently introduced, so at least we
seem to be converging on a bug-free darcs.
http://www.abridgegame.org