[darcs-users] darcs 1.0.0rc3

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Mon Oct 4 10:46:24 UTC 2004

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 02:54:21PM -0700, Will wrote:
> David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org> writes:
>
> > I've just released darcs version 1.0.0rc3.
> >
> > Alas, this time there are some real bugs fixed.  In particular, there was a
> > bug in the commutation of file renames and file adds that in theory could
> > lead to repository corruption, if you managed to reorder the rename and the
> > add, and then do a merge.  A few minor non-repository-endangering bugs were
> > also fixed.  Quite a bit of documentation was updated, thanks to several
> > contributors.  Support in the interactive patch selection process for they
> > 'a' key which selects all remaining patches was added.
> >
> > Hopefully soon I'll be comfortable calling this darcs 1.0.0, but this was a
> > somewhat discouraging round, since quite a few bugs showed up.  On the
> > other hand, most were old bugs, not recently introduced, so at least we
> > seem to be converging on a bug-free darcs.
>
> Thanks for another release and all of the bug fixes!
>
> I had a bit of trouble compiling this release on win32, apparently due
> to the recent control-c fixes.  I'm attaching a darcs patch that fixed
> some of the problems, but win32/CtrlC.hs is still not compiled before being
> referenced by SignalHandler.lhs... not sure how the dependencies work.

Hmmm.  This is annoying.  Presumably it's because CtrlC.hs is in a
subdirectory, which means it isn't included in the .depend calculation:

.depend:	$(wildcard *.lhs) $(wildcard *.hs)

Can you try this with an extra term $(wildcard win32/*.hs), and see if
CtrlC.hs is then built in time?

> I compiled that one by hand and was able to get a working build which
> I've published as usual.

Thanks!
http://www.abridgegame.org