[darcs-users] Usage styles: how do you go about recording changes?

Jean Jordaan jean at upfrontsystems.co.za
Mon Oct 4 13:22:15 UTC 2004

Hi all

I feel claustrophobic confronted by the
   Shall I record this patch? (13/63) [ynWsfqdjk?]
prompt .. I find myself wishing for something like a list of
patches, maybe

1. hunk ./Fabrinox/Contact.py 47 -1/+25  (with some context/drilldown?)
2. hunk ./Fabrinox/Contact.py 58 +10
3. addfile ./Fabrinox/material_config.py
[...]

where I can say what I did to each file, and then select patches
1-3,4,5 to record, and specify a message for the whole set.

How do you use darcs when committing (sorry, recording) a whole
lot of unrelated changes?

--
Jean Jordaan
http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za