[darcs-users] more newline boo-boos in --unified

Andrew Pimlott andrew at pimlott.net
Tue Oct 5 03:14:27 UTC 2004

You may have noticed in my last message that the whatsnew --unified
output had an extra newline.  I tried to fix a while ago[1], but
stupidly hard-coded my newlines instead of using those terribly
confusing Doc operators.  Really fixed.

Puzzle: why is

    text "abc\n" <>

not equivalent to

    text "abc" $$

?

Andrew

[1] http://www.abridgegame.org/pipermail/darcs-devel/2004-August/000170.html

New patches:

[really fix newlines in whatsnew -u
andrew at pimlott.net**20041005030757]
<
> {
hunk ./Patch.lhs 2345
 showContextSeries :: Printable a => Slurpy -> [Patch] -> Doc a
 showContextSeries slur patches = scs slur (join_patches []) patches
     where scs s pold (p:p2:ps)
-              | is_hunk p = coolContextHunk s pold p p2 <>
-                            text "\n" <>
-                            scs (fromJust $ apply_to_slurpy p s) p (p2:ps)
+              | is_hunk p = coolContextHunk s pold p p2
+                         $$ scs (fromJust $ apply_to_slurpy p s) p (p2:ps)
           scs s pold [p]
               | is_hunk p = coolContextHunk s pold p (join_patches [])
hunk ./Patch.lhs 2349
-          scs s _ (p:ps) = showContextPatchStyle s p <>
-                           text "\n" <>
-                           scs (fromJust $ apply_to_slurpy p s) p ps
+          scs s _ (p:ps) = showContextPatchStyle s p
+                        $$ scs (fromJust $ apply_to_slurpy p s) p ps
           scs _ _ [] = empty

 hPutComP :: Handle -> Patch -> IO ()
}

Context:

[clean up some code in Patch.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041002140347]
[fix bug when canonizing an empty hunk patch.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041002140254]
[fix bug in rollback when there are pending changes.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041002131233]
[override default --interactive when push calls apply.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041002123400]
[add support for rename trick to avoid add conflicts.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041002122016]
[avoid looping over list in drop_paths, if there is no path to drop.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041002105942]
["drop_paths fix paths" should not strip leading "/" if fix == ""
jvr+darcs at blub.net**20041001131018
 When stripping fix off fix/rest_of_path, the slash should be removed,
 yielding a relative path.  If fix == "", we have an absolute path
 and the leading "/" should not be removed.

 This fixes a bug where "darcs pull --list-options" would try to
 complete to "home/jvr/.../darcs_repo" instead of "/home/jvr/.../darcs_repo".
]
[give better feedback when darcs gets sigINT while in sensitive code.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041001113421
 While darcs is modifying the repository, it blocks signals to avoid
 corruption.  The result was that if you hit ctrl-C too late in a record,
 the record would complete, and then "Interrupted!" would be printed,
 leaving you to believe that the record was cancelled.  This is now fixed.
]
[update patch check code to deal with existence of file or dir.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040930112022]
[fix commutation bug with renames and file adds/removals.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040929110606]
[add compression support to tag.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040930100851]
[clean up path handling, allow nested repos
Will <will at glozer.net>**20040926222420]
[flush temp file after writing xml
Will <will at glozer.net>**20040929221435]
[Replace over-use of `via'.
ralph at inputplus.co.uk**20040928093238
 Replace `via' with `by', `with', etc.  A letter is sent from Glasgow to
 London via Edinburgh but by first class post.  Verbosity is got with the
 --verbose option, not via it.
]
[show missing patches in get
nils at ndecker.de**20040929230208]
[fix bug where conflicts weren't marked on pull!
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040929100801]
[display summary of conflicted changes.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040926114834]
[Fix spelling conflict.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040926114219]
[fix-spelling
ralph at inputplus.co.uk**20040926095518
 Fix spelling mistakes in bigpage.html.
]
[Removed unnecessary PatchCheck.o reference
Craig M. Lennox <mirian at cosmic.com>**20040925214116]
[fix-doc-spelling
ralph at inputplus.co.uk**20040925223431
 Fix one typo and one spelling mistake in documentation.
]
[Add ghci makefile target
Taral <taral at taral.net>**20040925233056]
[Fix documentation typo.
fw at deneb.enyo.de**20040925214620]
[remove unused code in Lcs.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040925135339]
[remove done items from TODO.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040925135256]
[fix generation of extra hunk in diff algorithm.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040925123625]
[add command-line synopses to the manual
andrew at pimlott.net**20040927193749]
[put the second argument to get in the help output
andrew at pimlott.net**20040927173422]
[add X-Mail-Originator header to emails sent by darcs.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040924103037]
[Fix build system's use of $libexecdir
simons at cryp.to**20040923111352]
[Clarify 'darcs rerecord' dialogue.
jvr+darcs at blub.net**20040916132415
 When looking for a patch, it asks "Shall I rerecord ...".
 When considering changes to add,  it asks "Shall I add ...".
]
[fix bug when resolving conflicts in presence of pending changes.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040923110036]
[fix resolve to indicate properly when there are no conflicts.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040922111123]
[add conflict resolution fixes to TODO list.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040922103907]
[Check for return value of waitpid in compat.c.
Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>**20040920190616
 I seem to be getting EINTR when taking time to edit a long comment.
 Perhaps a stray SIGALRM somewhere?
]
[Explain how to write a long comment
Erik Schnetter <schnetter at aei.mpg.de>**20040920123144
 Put an explanation of how to write a long comment into the file that
 that user is given when he should write a long comment.
]
[Add missing label darcsssh
Erik Schnetter <schnetter at aei.mpg.de>**20040919125052]
[Fix typo in documentation
Erik Schnetter <schnetter at aei.mpg.de>**20040919130351]
[fix missing negative in warning message...
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040919114315]
[rename cgi patch summary link to detail
Will <will at glozer.net>**20040918184656]
[add new cgi diff command to produce unified diff
Will <will at glozer.net>**20040918184535]
[notify when there are conflicts on push.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040918155459]
[add 'a' key to say yes to all remaining changes.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040918153536]
[automatically generate AUTHORS file from repo history.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040918124430]
[infix liftM in Add.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040917110916]
[support add -r .
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040917110830]
[make pull --quiet actually quiet.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040916112354]
[Minor tweak to hashing of current time in atomic_create.
Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>**20040915204756]
[make doc state ghc 6.2 is required
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20040911224201]
[fix some typos in the doc
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20040911224008]
[add information about global author file to doc
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20040911223819]
[clarify on defualts files in the doc
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20040911223709]
[fix bugs in whatsnew -ls.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040915104952]
[fix bug in darcs --commands when called outside a repo.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040915103734]
[add date and configure options to --exact-version output.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040915102158]
[mention in docs that optimize --checkpoint won't work with partial repositories.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040914101937]
[fix warning in Depends.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040914101748]
[better error message in get_extra.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040914101722]
[.orig files produced by eg patch are boring
andrew at pimlott.net**20040913211945]
[boring documentation
andrew at pimlott.net**20040913211911]
[TAG 1.0.0rc2
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040912105611]

Patch bundle hash:
c0ea1cfc82b4057930b416c465153ae22585c7e2