[darcs-users] Loving darcs, Hating ghc

Tomasz Zielonka t.zielonka at students.mimuw.edu.pl
Tue Oct 5 08:08:10 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 09:10:02AM +0200, Tomasz Zielonka wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 11:08:02PM -0400, Michael Conrad wrote:
> > I can't build the latest version on it because GHC
> > requires more than the 350M of free space I have available to me
>
> Did you try 'configure --disable-optimize' ?
> It will turn off GHC optimisations, which should decrease memory
> usage.

I checked and it seems to decrease memory usage. However, the build
fails in linking with undefined reference to `send_email'. AFAICS it is
caused by relying on dead code elimination in External.sendEmail or
by some difference between native and via-C code generation in GHC.

I attached a patch fixing this.

Best regards,
Tom

--
.signature: Too many levels of symbolic links