[darcs-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hang on pull

Lee Cantey lcantey at pantasys.com
Thu Oct 7 14:52:22 UTC 2004

David Roundy wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 01:35:14PM -0700, Lee Cantey wrote:
>> You are correct.  This is an attempt to just skirt the whole earlier
>> issue
>> and start anew.  I just tried to cherrypick that one patch out since I
>> already created it once and it's additional local files.
>
> Andrew's right that you certainly will get problems if you merge two repos
> which don't have a common history.  (i.e. don't both have the "old vendor
> drop")

I was hoping that since the one patch was solely new files that it could
deal with it, I obviously wouldn't have tried anything that contained
existing files.  I was still surprised to it never return.  The total
number of patches it needed to deal with was a) new vendor drop b) new file
additions and c) old vendor drop (that I told it to skip).

> There's really no way to see from your summary what the problem is.  There
> could be conflicts in any number of files, and without actually looking at
> the repository, it's hard to see what the problem really is.

Unfortunately it consists of licensed sources so I'm unable to create a
public repository.  I could probably obtain a waiver for private inspection
if you're interested.

Thanks for your time,
Lee