[darcs-users] bug report: can't push

zooko at zooko.com zooko at zooko.com
Thu Oct 7 20:03:46 UTC 2004

I want to push Will's new patch, and a trivial patch of my own, from one darcs
darcs repo to another.  It says I can't.  Appended is the screenlog.  The
source repo (which I freshly fetched from http://abridgegame.org/darcs after my
previous darcs darcs repo got unrecoverably corrupted after a couple little
"find | xargs rm") is fetchable from http://zooko.com/darcs-fresh.tar.bz2.  The
destination repo (which was in the middle of "autoconf ; automake ; ./configure
; make ; make install make installserver" when I tried this push), is fetchable
from http://zooko.com/darcs-receiver.tar.bz2.

Regards,

Zooko

darcs push -v zooko.com:playground/darcs
Pushing to zooko.com:playground/darcs...
We have the following patches to push:
Thu Oct  7 16:24:58 ADT 2004  zooko at zooko.com
  * change trackdown_description to logically positive form

Thu Oct  7 15:19:10 ADT 2004  Will <will at glozer.net>
  * have cgi preserve whitespace in comments

Thu Oct  7 15:06:19 ADT 2004  Will <will at glozer.net>
  * make cgi stylesheet location configurable

Tue Oct  5 00:13:19 ADT 2004  ijones at debian.org
  * make clean didn't remove authors executable

Tue Oct  5 08:13:28 ADT 2004  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
  * fix replace documentation.

Mon Oct  4 14:33:23 ADT 2004  Will <will at glozer.net>
  * more win32 build fixes

Mon Oct  4 09:04:04 ADT 2004  Ralph Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk>
  * Make clear author can be a commented email address.
  I didn't realise that I could enter a commented email address when
  prompted.  Hence my authors.hs addition to fix up my existing patches.
  These documentation and prompt changes try to avoid this for others.

Mon Oct  4 07:51:19 ADT 2004  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
  * can't make AUTHORS in predist, since history isn't available.

Sun Oct  3 08:46:08 ADT 2004  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
  tagged 1.0.0rc3

Tue Sep 28 06:32:38 ADT 2004  ralph at inputplus.co.uk
  * Replace over-use of `via'.
  Replace `via' with `by', `with', etc.  A letter is sent from Glasgow to
  London via Edinburgh but by first class post.  Verbosity is got with the
  --verbose option, not via it.

Mon Sep 27 16:37:49 ADT 2004  andrew at pimlott.net
  * add command-line synopses to the manual

Sun Sep 26 08:42:19 ADT 2004  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
  * Fix spelling conflict.

Sun Sep 26 06:55:18 ADT 2004  ralph at inputplus.co.uk
  * fix-spelling
  Fix spelling mistakes in bigpage.html.

Sat Sep 25 19:34:31 ADT 2004  ralph at inputplus.co.uk
  * fix-doc-spelling
  Fix one typo and one spelling mistake in documentation.

Sat Sep 25 18:46:20 ADT 2004  fw at deneb.enyo.de
  * Fix documentation typo.

Sat Sep 25 18:46:20 ADT 2004  fw at deneb.enyo.de
  * Fix documentation typo.
Shall I push this patch? (1/15) [ynWvxqadjk?] w

Sat Sep 25 19:34:31 ADT 2004  ralph at inputplus.co.uk
  * fix-doc-spelling
  Fix one typo and one spelling mistake in documentation.
Shall I push this patch? (2/15) [ynWvxqadjk?] w

Sun Sep 26 06:55:18 ADT 2004  ralph at inputplus.co.uk
  * fix-spelling
  Fix spelling mistakes in bigpage.html.
Shall I push this patch? (3/15) [ynWvxqadjk?] w

Sun Sep 26 08:42:19 ADT 2004  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
  * Fix spelling conflict.
Shall I push this patch? (4/15) [ynWvxqadjk?] w

Mon Sep 27 16:37:49 ADT 2004  andrew at pimlott.net
  * add command-line synopses to the manual
Shall I push this patch? (5/15) [ynWvxqadjk?] w

Tue Sep 28 06:32:38 ADT 2004  ralph at inputplus.co.uk
  * Replace over-use of `via'.
  Replace `via' with `by', `with', etc.  A letter is sent from Glasgow to
  London via Edinburgh but by first class post.  Verbosity is got with the
  --verbose option, not via it.
Shall I push this patch? (6/15) [ynWvxqadjk?] w

Sun Oct  3 08:46:08 ADT 2004  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
  tagged 1.0.0rc3
Shall I push this patch? (7/15) [ynWvxqadjk?] w

Mon Oct  4 07:51:19 ADT 2004  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
  * can't make AUTHORS in predist, since history isn't available.
Shall I push this patch? (8/15) [ynWvxqadjk?] w

Mon Oct  4 09:04:04 ADT 2004  Ralph Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk>
  * Make clear author can be a commented email address.
  I didn't realise that I could enter a commented email address when
  prompted.  Hence my authors.hs addition to fix up my existing patches.
  These documentation and prompt changes try to avoid this for others.
Shall I push this patch? (9/15) [ynWvxqadjk?] w

Mon Oct  4 14:33:23 ADT 2004  Will <will at glozer.net>
  * more win32 build fixes
Shall I push this patch? (10/15) [ynWvxqadjk?] w

Tue Oct  5 08:13:28 ADT 2004  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
  * fix replace documentation.
Shall I push this patch? (11/15) [ynWvxqadjk?] w

Tue Oct  5 00:13:19 ADT 2004  ijones at debian.org
  * make clean didn't remove authors executable
Shall I push this patch? (12/15) [ynWvxqadjk?] w

Thu Oct  7 15:06:19 ADT 2004  Will <will at glozer.net>
  * make cgi stylesheet location configurable
Shall I push this patch? (13/15) [ynWvxqadjk?] y

Thu Oct  7 15:19:10 ADT 2004  Will <will at glozer.net>
  * have cgi preserve whitespace in comments
Shall I push this patch? (14/15) [ynWvxqadjk?] y

Thu Oct  7 16:24:58 ADT 2004  zooko at zooko.com
  * change trackdown_description to logically positive form
Shall I push this patch? (15/15) [ynWvxqadjk?] y

Fail: failed to read patch in get_extra:
Fri Apr  9 12:20:03 BST 2004  David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>
  * change version number to darcs 0.9.19.
Perhaps this is a 'partial' repository?
HACK pion:~/playground/darcs$