[darcs-users] bug report: some kind of screwed up repo?

zooko at zooko.com zooko at zooko.com
Fri Oct 8 13:35:07 UTC 2004

Unfortunately this is proprietary stuff so I can't give you full repos.

Anyway, I had repo X, and a completely separate project repo Y, and I pulled Y
into X.  Now I get this behavior (names changed to protect proprietary
information in file names).

The notes dir and all contents were originally created in repo Y and were just
now pulled into the current repo X, repo X.

Regards,

Zooko

------- begin appended screen shot
zooko at gir:~/www/repos/private/ydxzq5$ darcs add notes/open-source-languages.txt
A file named notes/open-source-languages.txt is already in the repository!
Note that to ensure portability we don't allow files that differ
only in case.
zooko at gir:~/www/repos/private/ydxzq5$ darcs annotate notes/open-source-languages.txt

darcs failed:  There is no file or directory named 'notes/open-source-languages.txt'
zooko at gir:~/www/repos/private/ydxzq5$ darcs --version
1.0.0rc3