[darcs-users] I've got hicc^H^Hups

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sat Oct 9 11:49:09 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 03:58:34PM +0200, Ketil Malde wrote:
> I suppose another solution would be for darcs to use readline or a
> similar library for text entry.

I see there's a System.Console.SimpleLineEditor module which looks like it
could be used to create something useful.  We'd need a wrapper around it to
provide just

readOneLine :: IO String

we'd also need to check whether this code works (it looks like testIt may
do that), i.e. if we're in a terminal.  And we'd need a configure test to
see if the readline package is available.  And of course, we'd need to
search the code for "getLine".

I don't have time at the moment for this.  If someone else wants to work on
this, it looks like a reasonably straightforward project.  I could deal
with the configure test if you aren't comfortable hacking autoconf.
http://www.abridgegame.org