[darcs-users] dealing with developmental clutter

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Tue Oct 12 15:57:18 UTC 2004

I just screwed up a release (i.e. missed some files) because I couldn't
see them in the clutter of "darcs whatsnew --look-for-adds --summary".
The clutter comes from various notes files, fragments of ideas awaiting
implementation, compiled executables, etc..  I've tried filtering the
output of look-for-adds but that also hides changes if one is not
extremely precise (i.e. sgid directory contains executables and darcs
managed sources.)

so, other than enumerating every single file in boring, are there any
options for reducing the clutter?  If my only option is boring, are
there any options which will let you see which files and boring ignores
in which file boring matches on so you can detect when you have messed
up a regular expression?

---eric