[darcs-users] darcs get ignores prefs

Andrew Pimlott andrew at pimlott.net
Tue Oct 12 20:55:25 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 11:23:04PM +0000, Scott Parish wrote:
> By the way, it might be worth mentioning in the manual that the path
> to boringfile is relative to the top of the repository (not the prefs
> directory). That was why i ignored setpref's boringfile to begin with.

I edited the boring documentation once and thought about saying this,
but I felt it was implied by the note that the boringfile should be
added to the repository.  Also, darcs doesn't use a term for the "root"
of the repository, and I was reluctant to introduce one.  How is this?

Andrew

New patches:

[clarify that boringfile is a repository path
andrew at pimlott.net**20041012205127]
<
> {
hunk ./RepoPrefs.lhs 95
 You may want to have the boring file under version
 control.  To do this you can use darcs setpref to set the value
 ``boringfile'' to the name of your desired boring file (e.g.\ ``darcs
-setpref boringfile .boring'', where the .boring is a file that has been
+setpref boringfile .boring'', where .boring is the repository path of a file
+that has been
 darcs added to your repository).  The boringfile pref overrides
 \verb!_darcs/prefs/boring!, so be sure to copy that file to the boringfile.

hunk ./RepoPrefs.lhs 104
 file in your home directory, named \verb!~/.darcs/boring!, which will be
 used with all of your darcs repositories.

-Any file whose full path (such as \verb!manual/index.html!) matches any of
+Any file whose repository path (such as \verb!manual/index.html!) matches any of
 the boring regular expressions is considered boring.  The boring file is
 used to filter the files provided to darcs add, to allow you to use a
 simple ``darcs add newdir newdir/*'' without accidentally adding a bunch of
}

Context:

[when matching patch names, include "UNDO: " in rolled-back patches.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041008111510]
[handle better the case where unrevert context doesn't make sense.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041008104452]
[remove unused read_patch function.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041007120450]
[have cgi preserve whitespace in comments
Will <will at glozer.net>**20041007181910]
[make cgi stylesheet location configurable
Will <will at glozer.net>**20041007180619]
[add new slurp_recorded_and_unrecorded function.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041007120513]
[Clean up stringify calls in configure.ac (take 3)
Taral <taral at taral.net>**20041005173835]
[Clean up SignalHandler.lhs warnings
Taral <taral at taral.net>**20041005172302]
[Clean up External.hs warnings
Taral <taral at taral.net>**20041005172251]
[Use -Werror
Taral <taral at taral.net>**20041004190657]
[make clean didn't remove authors executable
ijones at debian.org**20041005031319]
[fix linking problem with --disable-optimize
Tomasz Zielonka <t.zielonka at students.mimuw.edu.pl>**20041005075950]
[fix overwriting of c_context.c in tarball source.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041005112445]
[Add RTSFLAGS to GNUmakefile
Taral <taral at taral.net>**20041004192542]
[Clean up Patch.lhs warnings (take 2)
Taral <taral at taral.net>**20041004192505]
[Make stringify put string in .rodata
Taral <taral at taral.net>**20041004190637]
[fix replace documentation.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041005111328]
[fix bug in defaults processing of options with -- in them.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041005105533]
[more win32 build fixes
Will <will at glozer.net>**20041004173323]
[Make clear author can be a commented email address.
Ralph Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk>**20041004120404
 I didn't realise that I could enter a commented email address when
 prompted.  Hence my authors.hs addition to fix up my existing patches.
 These documentation and prompt changes try to avoid this for others.
]
[Remove unused var in Tag.lhs
Taral <taral at taral.net>**20041003162732]
[Clean up FastPackedString.hs warnings
Taral <taral at taral.net>**20040928232322]
[Clean up Context.lhs warnings
Taral <taral at taral.net>**20040928232212]
[Move file-specific options out of GNUmakefile
Taral <taral at taral.net>**20040928224635]
[can't make AUTHORS in predist, since history isn't available.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041004105119]
[fix win32 build problem
Will <will at glozer.net>**20041003213706]
[TAG 1.0.0rc3
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041003114608]
[bump version number to 1.0.0rc3, and update ChangeLog.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041003114528]
[avoid creating empty hunks.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041003114206]
[refuse to accept -all as a set of short commands.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041003111852]
[Unix likes commands to be quiet on success.
ralph at inputplus.co.uk**20040930114638
 `darcs init' seemed noisy in comparison to `mkdir _darcs'.
 Reminded me of VMS.  ;-)
]
[really fix newlines in whatsnew -u
andrew at pimlott.net**20041005030757]
[clean up some code in Patch.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041002140347]
[fix bug when canonizing an empty hunk patch.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041002140254]
[fix bug in rollback when there are pending changes.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041002131233]
[override default --interactive when push calls apply.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041002123400]
[add support for rename trick to avoid add conflicts.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041002122016]
[avoid looping over list in drop_paths, if there is no path to drop.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041002105942]
["drop_paths fix paths" should not strip leading "/" if fix == ""
jvr+darcs at blub.net**20041001131018
 When stripping fix off fix/rest_of_path, the slash should be removed,
 yielding a relative path.  If fix == "", we have an absolute path
 and the leading "/" should not be removed.

 This fixes a bug where "darcs pull --list-options" would try to
 complete to "home/jvr/.../darcs_repo" instead of "/home/jvr/.../darcs_repo".
]
[give better feedback when darcs gets sigINT while in sensitive code.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20041001113421
 While darcs is modifying the repository, it blocks signals to avoid
 corruption.  The result was that if you hit ctrl-C too late in a record,
 the record would complete, and then "Interrupted!" would be printed,
 leaving you to believe that the record was cancelled.  This is now fixed.
]
[update patch check code to deal with existence of file or dir.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040930112022]
[fix commutation bug with renames and file adds/removals.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040929110606]
[add compression support to tag.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040930100851]
[clean up path handling, allow nested repos
Will <will at glozer.net>**20040926222420]
[flush temp file after writing xml
Will <will at glozer.net>**20040929221435]
[Replace over-use of `via'.
ralph at inputplus.co.uk**20040928093238
 Replace `via' with `by', `with', etc.  A letter is sent from Glasgow to
 London via Edinburgh but by first class post.  Verbosity is got with the
 --verbose option, not via it.
]
[show missing patches in get
nils at ndecker.de**20040929230208]
[fix bug where conflicts weren't marked on pull!
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040929100801]
[display summary of conflicted changes.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040926114834]
[Fix spelling conflict.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040926114219]
[fix-spelling
ralph at inputplus.co.uk**20040926095518
 Fix spelling mistakes in bigpage.html.
]
[Removed unnecessary PatchCheck.o reference
Craig M. Lennox <mirian at cosmic.com>**20040925214116]
[fix-doc-spelling
ralph at inputplus.co.uk**20040925223431
 Fix one typo and one spelling mistake in documentation.
]
[Add ghci makefile target
Taral <taral at taral.net>**20040925233056]
[Fix documentation typo.
fw at deneb.enyo.de**20040925214620]
[remove unused code in Lcs.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040925135339]
[remove done items from TODO.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040925135256]
[fix generation of extra hunk in diff algorithm.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040925123625]
[add command-line synopses to the manual
andrew at pimlott.net**20040927193749]
[put the second argument to get in the help output
andrew at pimlott.net**20040927173422]
[add X-Mail-Originator header to emails sent by darcs.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040924103037]
[Fix build system's use of $libexecdir
simons at cryp.to**20040923111352]
[Clarify 'darcs rerecord' dialogue.
jvr+darcs at blub.net**20040916132415
 When looking for a patch, it asks "Shall I rerecord ...".
 When considering changes to add,  it asks "Shall I add ...".
]
[fix bug when resolving conflicts in presence of pending changes.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040923110036]
[fix resolve to indicate properly when there are no conflicts.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040922111123]
[add conflict resolution fixes to TODO list.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040922103907]
[Check for return value of waitpid in compat.c.
Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>**20040920190616
 I seem to be getting EINTR when taking time to edit a long comment.
 Perhaps a stray SIGALRM somewhere?
]
[Explain how to write a long comment
Erik Schnetter <schnetter at aei.mpg.de>**20040920123144
 Put an explanation of how to write a long comment into the file that
 that user is given when he should write a long comment.
]
[Add missing label darcsssh
Erik Schnetter <schnetter at aei.mpg.de>**20040919125052]
[Fix typo in documentation
Erik Schnetter <schnetter at aei.mpg.de>**20040919130351]
[fix missing negative in warning message...
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040919114315]
[rename cgi patch summary link to detail
Will <will at glozer.net>**20040918184656]
[add new cgi diff command to produce unified diff
Will <will at glozer.net>**20040918184535]
[notify when there are conflicts on push.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040918155459]
[add 'a' key to say yes to all remaining changes.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040918153536]
[automatically generate AUTHORS file from repo history.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040918124430]
[infix liftM in Add.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040917110916]
[support add -r .
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040917110830]
[make pull --quiet actually quiet.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040916112354]
[Minor tweak to hashing of current time in atomic_create.
Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>**20040915204756]
[make doc state ghc 6.2 is required
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20040911224201]
[fix some typos in the doc
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20040911224008]
[add information about global author file to doc
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20040911223819]
[clarify on defualts files in the doc
Tommy Pettersson <ptp at lysator.liu.se>**20040911223709]
[fix bugs in whatsnew -ls.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040915104952]
[fix bug in darcs --commands when called outside a repo.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040915103734]
[add date and configure options to --exact-version output.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040915102158]
[mention in docs that optimize --checkpoint won't work with partial repositories.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040914101937]
[fix warning in Depends.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040914101748]
[better error message in get_extra.
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040914101722]
[.orig files produced by eg patch are boring
andrew at pimlott.net**20040913211945]
[boring documentation
andrew at pimlott.net**20040913211911]
[TAG 1.0.0rc2
David Roundy <droundy at abridgegame.org>**20040912105611]

Patch bundle hash:
ca840d918bebf45736043f81114fdc81372a7dc1